Tenants – Tenant Improvements
Most of our tenant’s businesses are constantly evolving. If you’re thinking about making any changes or improvements to your space, here are a few things to do:
- First, Pre-approval is necessary for most construction. Contact Cycelia at 564-2424 for approval and answers to any questions you might have as to the operation of the building.
- Second, to protect the safety, integrity and value of our buildings it is important that DCM review all plans, and that all contractors be licensed and insured. To get a list of the specific requirements for making improvements to your space (requirements vary by building) contact DCM’s tenant improvement department.
- And finally, there’s no one who knows your building better than our people. By including DCM’s tenant improvement department in the planning stages, we may be able to save you money or avoid problems later on. In addition, we have the ability to act as general contractor for many projects, saving our tenants considerable time and effort. Before you begin any kind of improvement to your space, it’s important that you keep us informed and involved. And the sooner you do that, the sooner you can get the benefit of our building and construction knowledge.
- Exterior signage: Placement of any fixture or signage on the outside walls of the building is prohibited unless specifically approved in advance, in writing by DCM.
- Interior signage: We have established a building standard for all interior common area signs. To order new signs, or for changes to existing signs, please fax your request to 561-7860
- Hazardous materials: The use and storage of ANY hazardous materials or flammable liquids must strictly comply with local, state and federal laws.
- Antennas and satellite dishes: the placement of any antennas and satellite dishes on the building is prohibited.
- Heavy objects: The placement of heavy objects in violation of the acceptable floor load per square foot is prohibited.
- Electricity and water: Tying into the building’s electrical or water supply requires advance approval from DCM.